The Library of XLRI came into existence in 1949 when the Institute was established in the Steel City of Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. It was named after late Sir Jehangir Ghandy in February 1972. The aim of the Library is to cater to the information needs of the Faculty, Staff, Research Scholars and Students. It is the heart of the institution and acts as a center for the collection of literature predominantly related to management, labour relations and its allied subjects. And, intends to develop a comprehensive collection of information that is useful for teaching, research and learning purpose. To keep pace with the modern developments in the arena of library, the library has been automated by Liberty (from Softlink Asia) software and Hybrid - RFID & EM (from Bibliotheca & Dialoc) system have been installed.
The Library Provides Personalized reference services for its users.
Library provides issue and return of books: PG student can borrow 4 books at a time for ten days whereas Fellow students can avail 10 books for 1 month. Full time faculties are entitled for 50 books at a time for 3 months and Part time faculty can have 10 books per course for a period of 1 month respectively. Non-teaching staff are authorized to take 4 books for one month.